You are here:
The Civilized Explorer >
St. Barth >
The Civilized Explorer
The airports at St. Maarten and St. Barth
Life in the Caribbean can be quite different for people used to fast- paced
living. Here are some descriptions of making the transition from north of
the tropics to decidedly within them.
We have a page on St. Maarten, but our pages are on the airport and landings on
St. Barth, where the airport is literally on a beach, with one end of the runway
buried in the sand and sunbathing and swimming within a stone's throw of
landing Twin Otters.
- Life at Juliana Airport, Sint Maarten (1997)
- Mostly text; a description of an arrival and a departure from
Juliana airport and lost luggage
- The St. Barth Airport (1997)
- Still photos for those that are
- Photos of St. Barth Airport (2001)
- Seven photos of the airport, including an overview, the beach, and
the hill above the airport.
- Landings on St. Barth (2001, 2003)
- These are MPEG movies on our SmugMug site. They show landings from a hill above the plane, from the end of the runway, landings over the bay, and a bumpy landing from the plane. Some of the views show just how close the airplane gets to the road.
| The French West Indies | Travel Information Page
| About us |
Copyright 2001 The Civilized Explorer ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.