The Civilized Explorer
Travel News & Weather Page
The Civilized Explorer Travel News & Weather Page provides links to
resources all over the world for information from local providers.
- A news aggregations site where you can make your own comments on the news. Sections include world news, tech, science, politics, and sports, among others.
- USA Today
- Caribbean News and Newspapers
- BBC Caribbean News
- Internet Public Library - Newspapers
- Extensive links to newspapers from around the world, listed first by region, then country.
- Inside Denver
- In addition to local news and sports, an entertainment guide for music,
dining, theatre, and more, and a guide to local recreation in the Mile High
- The Jerusalem Post
- News, sports, tourism, and business news. A searchable database for news
- Sydney Star Observer
- Gay and Lesbian news from Down Under, but with way too much glitz.
- Asian News
- Very broad spectrum of news about Asian countries including the People's
Republic of China, the People's Republic of Korea, and Myanmar. Links include
online versions of newspapers, links to Usenet newsgroups, resources for
offline news sources, listings of radio frequencies for news broadcasts, and
Web sites of interest, including art and books.
- Tokyo Stock Exchange English
- Tokyo Stock Exchange Japanese
- News, listing information for Japanese and foreign companies, listed companies, and more.
- "An international business guide." Updated Monday through Friday with news
about business, economics, exchange rates, and Web sites. Links to businesses in
- An interesting site with a less serious view of the goings on about the
World Wide Web.
- Radiation Levels in Pittsburgh, PA
- Washington Post
- Boston Phoenix
- A weekly paper claiming to publish "the most comprehensive arts- &-
entertainment listings of any paper in New England.
- FT-Vision Headlines
- Java scripted, the Financial Times provides financial news as seen from
- The Los Angeles Times
- KRON, Channel 4, San Francisco
- Local news, weather, and Bay Area information.
- The Gate
- The San Francisco Chronicle and the Examiner are online.
- A San Francisco alternative paper.
- The Palm Beach (Florida) Post
- Philadelphia Online
- The Daily News and Inquirer provide local news for
Philly fanatics. Java enabled.
- Le Monde diplomatique en français
- Le Monde diplomatique in English
- The New York Times
- WSTA 1340 AM -- Radio in the U.S.V.I.
- The news is posted daily, and there are links to local businesses and any
hurricane reports that may be appropriate. More important, however, are the
music clips by local artists that are available for downloading.
We be jammin'!
- Central Intelligence Agency Home Page
- Lots of information about places to go
- Today's San Jose Mercury News
- Tribune Home Page
- Britain's Electronic Telegraph
- Registration required
- Palo Alto Weekly Home Page
- Palo Alto, CA, weekly paper
- The BBC web server provides specific information relating to the
Beeb, both radio & TV, including programming schedules for
children, cooking, entertainment, and so on. Helpful to know what
will be on while you're there.
- Hoover's Online Home Page
- Incredible business news resource. This site calls itself "The
Ultimate Source for Company Information" and we won't argue. A small
listing of the information available includes: a master list of information
on 8,500 companies by name, ticker symbol, location, and sales; the week's
top business news; featured companies; business book best- sellers; a directory
of corporate web presences; daily corporate "URL- roulette." Highly
Editor and Publisher has news about the press -- stories about who is laying off workers, who is pulling reporters out of hotspots and who is sending them in, and how the media are planning their coverage of current events.
The graphic below will pop open a small browser window to Weather.com's world weather page. Move the window around and resize it to suit your needs as you plan your trip to pleasant weather in your main browser.
- Weather on your phone
- Get weather forecasts on your digital cell phone with Web access. Business travelers can provide their itinerary, and Weather.com will sent you forecasts for your departure and destination airports via email or wireless text messaging. See Weather Tools for more services (seven-day forecasts by email, desktop weather, personalized severe weather alerts, radar)
- 5-Day Weather, Caribbean and Bahamas
- USA Today's page of weather forecasts for over a dozen locations in the
- Dublin Weather Report
- Live View in Dublin
- Live View in Prag (Prague)
- Live View in Kotka, Finland
- Live View in Paris
- Live View in Hamburg
- Live View of Genova
- Live View in Amsterdam
- Live View in Oslo
- Live View in Stockholm
- Animation of Today's Views in Zurich
- Live View in London
- Weather in Europe
- Four-day weather forecasts for many of the major cities all over the USA.
- The Fairmont Hotel Camera
- A camera on the Fairmont Hotel on Nob Hill, San Francisco, pointed toward
the Golden Gate Bridge.
- The University of Michigan's Weathernet, with text reports and satellite images.
- Florida State's Explores
- The weather page from Florida State University.
- Universal Weather
- Universal Weather's page; a commercial site aimed at pilots.
- Weather World
- Weather World is from the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign.
- Tropical Weather
- Storms & Hurricanes from The Weather Channel®
- Excellent site -- tracks active storms and hurricanes with a storm track and a strike
probabilities map. Includes watches and warnings.
- Freese- Notis Weather.Net for Europe
- Clickable image maps for precipitation and temperatures.
- Freese- Notis Weather.Net Radar
- Clickable image map of the 48 United States with an overlay of storms.
- Freese- Notis Weather.Net Travel Advisory
- Clickable image map of the 48 United States with an overlay of weather advisories.
- Paul's Weather Page
- Slow to download because of the graphics, but it is worth the wait for San
Francisco Bay area weather information.
- The Weather Channel
- Southeast Asia
| Site TOC |
Copyright © 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2003, 2005, 2006 The Civilized Explorer. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.